Spring Branch Elementary 2013 Teacher of the Year - Teresa Batres

Teresa Batres
Spring Branch Elementary
Fourth-Grade Bilingual Teacher

Education: Region 4 Teacher Certification Program, Bilingual Generalist, 2010, University of Houston, Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, 2008, North Harris Montgomery Community College, Associate of Arts in Early Childhood, 2005

Teaching History: Spring Branch Elementary School, Fourth Grade, 2010-Present, Ridgecrest Elementary School, Third Grade, Spring 2010, Spring Branch ISD, Substitute Teacher, 2008-2010, Thornwood Elementary School, Prekindergarten, 2003-2008

In her own words: “I rarely think of myself as an outstanding teacher. However, I do have outstanding students. Every year, I mold myself to fit my student’s personalities like a chameleon. To effectively scaffold their learning, it is imperative that I organize my lessons, my classroom and my time successfully. I believe this profession is more about learning than teaching. Therefore, more about the students and less about me.”

In the words of others: “My family and I celebrated when we found out that my son was going to be in Mrs. Batres class this year. My son Ruben jumped up and down with excitement, saying that he got the job. It was a funny moment. She gives the third-grade students job applications for the next year. All students apply, and they know they are going to work and are excited about working as writers and researchers. Mrs. Batres motivates the students before they even enter her classroom.” Lourdes Aquino, Parent

Selected Honors, Awards & Activities:
Dyslexia Training, 2012
Workstation Trainings, 2012, 2013
Gifted & Talented Trainings, July & August 2012
Classroom Management, 2012

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD