Memorial Middle 2013 Teacher of the Year - Jennifer Lennox

Jennifer Lennox
Memorial Middle School
Science, 7th Grade Science

Education: Texas A&M University-College Station, Bachelor of Science-Vertebrate Zoology, 2006, UT-Health Science Center at Houston: School of Public Health, Master’s Degree, Public Health, 2008

Teaching History: Memorial Middle School, 7th Grade Academic, Pre Advanced Placement and Gifted and Talented Science


In her own words:
“Teaching has been the hardest job I have ever had… and the best.”

“My knowledge of science has taught me two important things: Humanity is unique and wonderfully made, and life is complicated but beautiful. I spend most of the school year presenting evidence of these things to seventh-graders as we uncover what it means to be living, how each structure has a necessary and related function, and how a system is nothing without the sum of its parts. It is a beautiful topic to teach.”

“In spite of my higher education in science, I had learned as much in a meaningful way until I began teaching seventh-grade life science. I have also never worked harder in a job. It requires boundless energy and the desire to empower others. My greatest reward is occasionally feeling like I have made a difference – in my own life by fueling my love of learning, in my students’ lives as I try to teach them that science is relevant whether they like it or not, and finally in my own family.”

In the words of others: “Jennifer is conscientious, hard working, and truly is gifted in the way she works with her students. She uses technology in the classroom constantly, which makes the learning so much more exciting for her students. She spends her time and energy creating lessons that she knows will motivate her students to a high level of learning.” Lisa Weir, Memorial Middle School Principal

    Selected Honors, Recognitions and Activities:
  • Seventh-Grade Science Curriculum Rewriting Committee, 2013-Present
  • Seventh-Grade Science Team Leader, 2011-Present

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD