Thornwood Elementary 2014 Teacher of the Year - Stacy Hoover

Stacy Hoover
Thornwood Elementary
Grade 4, Language Arts and Social Studies


Education
Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas) , Bachelors of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, 2001-2005

Teaching History

Thornwood Elementary, Spring Branch ISD, 2011-Present

Nine years total  of teaching experience


In her own words  . . .

“A quote I feel really resembles my focus is by Mother Theresa. She said, ‘I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.’ I spend my days teaching children that they can be anything they want to be. I meet them right where they are and push them to be the best they can be. I cannot change the world by myself, but I CAN change each student that is put in my class so that they are the best they can be each and every day.”

In the words of others  . . .

“Stacy is an exception role model as she consistently uses Love and Logic strategies to guild positive strategies to build positive relations with students. Entering her classroom you will find a friendly, safe, nurturing and powerful environment where children are challenged and respected.”
Vicki M. Lullo, Thornwood Elementary Assistant Principal

"She [Stacy] is truly dedicated to her students and will go 'above and beyond' to ensure their safety, an optimal learning environment and opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities. She guides students to make good decisions, think through difficult situations and demonstrate respectful behavior towards others to prepare them for middle school, high school and beyond.”
Lynn Austin, Thornwood Elementary Principal

Selected Honors, Awards & Activities:
Love and Logic Care, Trainer, 2010-Present
New Teacher Buddy, Thornwood Elementary, 20012-2013
Kappa Delta Pi, Member, 2005-2007

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD