Bear Boulevard School for Early Learning 2014 Teacher of the Year - Kiersten W. Caballero

Kiersten W. Caballero
Bear Boulevard School for Early Learning
Pre-kindergarten, All Subjects

Education
Auburn University (Auburn, Ala.) Bachelor of Arts, Early Childhood Education, 1990

Teaching History
Bear Boulevard School for Early Learning, Spring Branch ISD, 2006-Present
Terrace Elementary School, Spring Branch ISD, 2005-2006
Pines Presbyterian Preschool, Houston, Texas, 2001-2005
Charlotte-Mecklenburg ISD, Charlotte, N.C., 1990-1992

16 years total of teaching experience…

In her own words…

“I could not imagine feeling as rewarded in any other profession. I often tease with my colleagues about winning the lottery and how if that were to occur I can honestly say I would continue teaching Pre-K at Bear Blvd in Spring Branch ISD. Teaching is my passion. It is my true calling.”

In the words of others . . .

Mrs. Caballero "can reach a troubling or struggling student with simple, yet profound, motherly instincts and empathy coupled with complete professionalism."
–  Claudia Boone, friend and colleague

"As principal, I appointed her to serve in campus leadership positions, such as our BBS Leadership Team. She routinely shares classroom strategies, interventions and instructional technology applications with colleagues."
–  Kim Hammer, The Bear Boulevard School Director

Selected Honors, Awards & Activities:
Pre-Kindergarten Team Leader, Bear Boulevard School for Early LearningJunior League of Houston, Member

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD