Campus Teacher of the Year 2016 - Lora Clay

Lora Clay
Spring Woods High School
11th Grade, U.S. History

Education
Master of Art course work in History, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, Present
Teaching Certification, Sam Houston State University, 2002
Bachelor of Arts in History, Sam Houston State University, 1999

Teaching History
Spring Woods High School, 2008-Present
Campbell Middle School, Cy-Fair ISD, 2007-2008
Cypress Ridge High School, Cy-Fair ISD, 2004-2007
Spring Woods Middle School, 2002-2004 

Total Years in Education - 14 Years

In her own words . . .


“I always look forward to August and September because not only do I get to start another year teaching something I love, but emails and Facebook shout outs begin pouring in as former students let me know how prepared they are for college because of my class and expectations. I want all my students to be ready for the next chapter in their lives and seeing that come to fruition is the greatest reward this job could ever provide me.”

In the words of others . . .

“Lora is dedicated to working with students who need much more support to ensure a chance at achieving their goal of a high school diploma. She has created a strong collaborative team with the idea of fostering professional growth for her teachers. Lora truly believes in creating strong collegiality within her department and regularly walks department classrooms to give feedback for greater success.” 
Denis Blais, Spring Woods High Assistant Principal

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD