Campus Teacher of the Year 2016 - Kimberly Coolidge

Kimberly Coolidge
Rummel Creek Elementary
4th Grade, Mathematics and Science

Education
Doctorate (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership, University of Houston, 2001
Masters of Education in Elementary Education, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 1993
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 1992

Teaching History
Rummel Creek Elementary, 2007-Present
Memorial Drive Elementary, 2001-2006, 1997-1998
Bunker Hill Elementary, 1999-2001
Meadow Wood Elementary, 1998-1999 
Frostwood Elementary, 1993-1997

Total Years in Education - 22 Years

In her own words . . .


“Good teaching is based on trusting relationships. Relationships thrive on constructive communication and autonomy. My students work in flexible student-led groups every day. It helps and empowers them to share knowledge while also learning to respect others’ opinions. I hear students saying to each other, ‘Good job, I agree with you,’ or ‘Be positive, you can do it.’ My students learn how to politely debate answers to math problems, ask each other for supporting evidence, and even correct me when I fail to explain my answers.”

In the words of others . . .

“I often observe in her classroom and each time I find myself staying longer than I had planned as I get caught up in the excitement for learning that Kimberly creates. When any teacher asks to see another teacher that they might learn from, without reservation I recommend they visit Kimberly’s class.” 

Nancy Harn, Rummel Creek Elementary Principal 

“Kimberly is the type of teacher that will teach a skill to you in hopes that you can help struggling kids. She has a niche for seeing things a different way and teaching students in a way in which they can understand. She doesn’t give up and she strives to help until the mastery is there. Dr. Coolidge is a ‘data driven’ educator who wouldn’t mind putting her teaching on the line.”
Theresa Trevino, Rummel Creek Teacher

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD