Campus Elementary 2016 Teacher of the Year - Angela Harris

Angela Harris
Woodview Elementary
Prekindergarten ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher


Education

Masters of Education in Reading Education, Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas, Pursuing Currently
Alternative Certification Teacher Program, 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, Dillard University, New Orleans, La., May 2012

Teaching History

Woodview Elementary, 2014-Present
Young Elementary, Houston ISD, 2012-2014

Total Years in Education - 4 Years


In her own words . . .


“As a PreK teacher, I am one of the first people that a child meets that will help shape their view of learning. I take great pride in knowing that every day that I enter the classroom, I am helping a child fall in love with learning and make new meanings about the world around them. I strive to give my students the best instruction that I can give them and create new experiences and memories together.”

In the words of others . . .


“Ms. Harris brings an excitement and passion to our campus, each and every day. I like to say that she is the 2016 ‘new and improved’ version of “Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus” series. Her students have hands-on learning opportunities daily and such fun events – dressing like 100-year-old people to celebrate 100 days of school, singing as the reindeer in the cutest Christmas performance you have ever seen, and running around the playground hunting for Easter eggs.”
– Becky Hagan, Woodview Elementary Assistant Principal

“I’ve witnessed Ms. Harris’ hard work firsthand with my PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) students. My students are on different levels academically than other students in her classroom and she has done a great job differentiating her small groups for them. Preparing lessons for students with special needs can be time consuming due to the level of preparation and detail that needs to be considered, but Ms. Harris does it every week in addition to the small group lessons she prepares for the students in her classroom.”
– Jonathan Christman, Woodview Elementary PPCD Teacher

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD