Campus Elementary 2016 Teacher of the Year - Lindsey Copp

Lindsey Copp
The Lion Lane School for Early Learning
Prekindergarten teacher


Education

Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, 2015-Present
Alternative Teacher Certification Program, 2009-2010
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in General Studies, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 2008


Teaching History

The Lion Lane School for Early Learning, 2012-Present
Gabriela Mistral Center for Early Childhood (CEC), Houston ISD, 2011-2012

Total Years in Education - 5 Years


In her own words . . .


“As a teacher, my most important goal is to give every child the opportunity to learn. I will create an environment that my students know is a safe place to ask questions, explore and create. I know my students will bring different experiences with them and have different learning styles, interests, talents and fears. As a class, we will embrace those differences and encourage uniqueness while looking for common ground to bond us. My classroom will be a place where students work together to discover and learn, and my success will come from guiding my students in the right direction. I believe in turning ‘I can’t,’ into ‘I just did.’”

In the words of others . . .


“Ms. Copp continuously provides hands-on experiences to engage her young learners through content related projects. Projects range from using a simple cardboard box to create something unique to planting seeds and using math skills such as counting and measuring. She makes learning fun and meaningful for her young students.”
Griselda Balbuena, Wilchester Elementary kindergarten teacher


“Lindsey loves all of her students . . . even the most challenging ones. I have watched her work to provide much more than an academic education for her students. She consistently goes far beyond the expectation of a classroom teacher to see that the needs of children are met. You cannot be around her long before you realize that she sees the special gifts in each and every one of her students.”
Sharee Cantrell, The Lion Lane School Director

0 comments:

Spring Branch ISD