Campus Elementary 2015 Teacher of the Year - Lou Ann Timmreck

Lou Ann Timmreck
Rummel Creek Elementary
Kindergarten - English as a Second Language (ESL)/Gifted & Talented (GT), Self-Contained

Education
The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Science in Applied Learning and Development with High Honors, 1992

Teaching History
Rummel Creek Elementary, 2008-Present
Bunker Hill Elementary After School Program, 2000-2002
Rummel Creek Elementary, 1999-2000
Bunker Hill Elementary, 1992-1999

In her own words . . .

“What inspires me each day are my students! Each one of them has a unique personality. It is my job to love each child and to spark their quest for a lifetime of learning.”

In the words of others . . .

“As the principal at Rummel Creek, I often observe in her classroom. Each time, I find myself staying longer than I plan because I get caught up in the excitement for learning that Lou Ann creates. When any teacher asks to see another teacher that they might learn from, without reservation I recommend they visit Lou Ann’s class.”
- Nancy Harn, Rummel Creek Elementary Principal

“She is intelligent, kind and most of all, very giving of her time, energy and love! Her face is always smiling, as there is no wrong in her book. She humbly holds out her hands and walks with you as you enter her kindergarten room, and continues that relationship for life! Hands down, she is one of the greatest educators I know!”
- Theresa Schwab-Trevino, Rummel Creek teacher and recent SBISD Teacher of the Year

“Mrs. Timmreck believed in me and helped me take bold steps to work hard and prove that children with learning disabilities could be normal, well-adjusted students and grow to be well-adjusted adults. Mrs. Timmreck gave me the courage I needed at a very critical time in my life.”
- Elizabeth Grace Harvey, former student and 2013 Baylor University graduate

2 comments:

  1. I just happened to click on the link and who appears, but our all time favorite teacher! My son Carter has Down syndrome and was in Mrs. Timmreck's general education class. Every student should be so blessed to have Mrs. Timmreck as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having student taught in Lou Ann's classroom, I know first hand just how amazing she is. Her voice is never above a whisper and students are calm and quiet as they learn. She is incredibly motivating and the growth that takes place is off the charts. I have never seen a teacher more loving and every moment is a teachable one.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Branch ISD